Introduction: the invisible violence of Anglo-liberal populism.
- Liberal Fairness’, equality and the class/race game
- Government via explosion: projecting onto ‘undeserving’ others
- Government via implosion: micro-war in Anglo-liberal society.
Part One: the wrong borders
a. Bordering via Crime: criminalizing remnant and resistant populations.
- Indigenous people
- Minority ethnic and failed whites
- ‘Illegal’ immigrant populations
- Affective investments in punishment.
b. Bordering via punitive welfare
- Dis/ability and ‘fairness’
- Socio-penal continuum
- Liberal limits of penal rehabilitation.
- Affective investments in hardship.
c. Bordering via social implosion
- Neo-liberal pressures and gendered expectations.
- Failed masculine subjectivities and intimate violence (care/domestic).
- ‘Culture wars’, projecting onto the ‘traitors’.
- Affective investments in xeonophobia and cultural racism.
Part two: actual borders
a. Anglo-liberal economy: Tax welfare, deregulation and oligarchy.
b. Media: Deligitimising incommensurable and resistant views.
c. Political: Disenfranchising agnostic democracy.